As promised, here is my delicious & super healthy “a shroom of her own”
served at our Viriginia Woolf themed Eat To The Beat! Enjoy!!
Mushroom & Walnut Pate
- 1 cup walnuts (or other nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds of your choice or a combo)
- ½ cup minced shallots (or onions)
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pound mushrooms (mixed between shiitake, crimini, Portobello, etc.)
(around 10 cups loosely packed raw mushrooms)
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon each thyme & tarragon (or favorite herbs of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. In a preheated 300 degree oven, toast nuts & seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. This should be about 7-10 minutes.
2. In a large pan, cook shallots in butter, then add chopped mushrooms. When most of the liquid has evaporated, add garlic, spices & herbs.
3. Combine mushroom mixture & nuts in a food processor till it forms a thick paste
4. pack into oiled moulds (optional line the bowls with plastic wrap). Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
~you can put a pretty leaf or flower at the bottom of the mould,
it’ll look great when you turn it out!